Does anyone know why Obama used all the different pens to sign?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• All presidents do that. I don't know why. Maybe they sell them or give them away for the novelty of it?
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I just figured it was to make the process a bit longer and more involved?
    Anonymous

• It's a PR stunt... Now one pen can go into a musem, another one to goto a campaign donor, etc...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• So he can say "That's not my signature!" later on when things go south on the Healthcare bill. He can psyche people that he didn't even sign it! LMAO!
    Anonymous

• Guess what...that is a tradition that ALL Presidents carry out. I have seen that on TV since I was a teen in the 1950's. It is nothing new.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Watch for them on Ebay about the time he starts campaigning for re-election.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• "So he can say "That's not my signature!" later on when things go south on the Healthcare bill. He can psyche people that he didn't even sign it! LMAO! "

That's just dumb, sorry.
    Anonymous

One will goto ACORN, one to the SEIU, one to Soros..... If he runs out of pens, I can totally see him auctioning them off to the highest bidder... lol

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• so he can sell them on ebay
    Anonymous

• 11:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 by: grlygrlz2
    It's a PR stunt... Now one pen can go into a musem, another one to goto a campaign donor, etc
    *************
    I guess that means that ALL Presidents use several pens for a publicity stunt? Even Reagan and Bush?Is that what you are syaing? Because they ALL have used several pens when signing bills, etc. I recall watching JFK and even Ike sign during segments while I watched the nightly news. Anyway......
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2010