jealous kids what can i do please help

jealous kids what can i do please help

I have 2 daughters on is 3 1/2 and one is 1 1/2 and im 23 weeks pregnant ... I have noticed for about a month that my youngest is starting to get jealous she costanly wants me to hold her.. and if im doing something like cooking and cant hold her she screams and cries at my feet..... My oldest had been doing this just for a week she is always yelling at me or saying i dont like her ( it hurt my feelings so bad :( .... she also will not sleep by herself what can i do to help them i feel so bad

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i am in the same boat but my DD will be 3 in may and my DS just turned one on the 17th of this month and he is stuck up my butt so to say but im only 5 weeks pregnant so i have a LONG road ahead me i just have hope that it will get better when the baby comes(i hope and prey that is) and i will do the same for you as well so if you find any ways to help PLEAZ tell me!!!! and let me know how it gos!! good luck momma!
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• lol thank you yes i feel the same that my 1 yr old is up my butt lol if i find anything that helps i will def. let you know
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Calm, constant eye contact.

It's amazing what 30 seconds of persistent eye contact does for kids, particularly when it's repeated throughout the day. Instead of watching what they are doing, watch their eyes... so that whenever they look up at you, you're looking right at them.

You don't have to do it 100% of the day, because that would be beyond eerie and creepy... but every half hour or so, notice that you haven't looked at their eyes for a while and just watch their eyes. You'll get two things from it: the end of the dinner-time neediness (that is usually because of a day spend without enough neutral attention) and a much greater understanding of what your kids are doing and thinking.

You'll also eliminate that sense of 'should be interacting' because you'll see that they want you as a witness more than a participant, although they don't know how to ask for that.

It will take less than 5 minutes in a day, total.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2010