Why does there seem to be more discrimination between mothers, than with any other type of person?

Working moms vs. SAHMs
Breastfeeding moms vs. Formula Feeding moms
Moms who need PA vs. Moms who are "paying" for the P.A.
Teen moms vs. Mature Moms
Single moms vs. Married moms

What the f**k! Aren't we all in the same boat together? Instead of passing judgement and your smart allec opinion on eachother, why don't you try supporting eachother and actually giving helpful advice? There's enough of that garbage to go around for the rest of the damn world.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 12:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think that you'll find that, no, most people do not believe 'we' are all in the same boat, together or apart.

When people feel that their lives have been hard, that they've been forced to do things that are RIGHT but unpleasant or unrewarding, they object to seeing other people living apparently fruitful lives without being punished or shunned or injured for not doing them.

People who are unsure of their decisions get much more bitter and snarky when other people suggest another way, because it unsettles them. They're usually here to find 'buddies' who will agree with them, even when they suspect they're misguided.

Oh, and my favorite: everyone here is reading plain text with no inflection or intonation. 100% of the 'tone' that is read into the words is supplied by the reader --so often people read 'snarky' where none was written, while others read 'neutral' where real sarcasm or bitterness was intended.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• i think women can be catty. we should support one another more!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I think some people think their way is the "right" way and won't budge or listen to others ideas. I formula fed and my kids all turned out great. I wish I could have breast fed but it just didn't work for me. Some people just need to relax and accept that people are different.
    Anonymous

• I find supporting other mothers because it is a worthy cause I might not agree with them but thats okay support is a good thing.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2010