New Health bill-Is it that bad really?

The only thing I see in it that I don't like is the fact that everyone will be required to purchase/have health care. I don't like my money being spent for me. The rest of it soulds pretty reasonable. I was truly afraid of socialized medicine but this all sounds okay to me. The only thing I worry about now is what may be added later. You know the fact that they got their foot in the door kind of thing. We'll see. I'll panic when it get here though! lol. For now though I am fine. No big deal. In fact it seems kind of piddily compare to what they 'wanted' What do you think? I'm good.-so far.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It depends on what side of the spectrum you swing. Right now it's hard to separate rumor mill from fact with the bill. There's a lot of fearmongering and propaganda and crap in the way.
    Anonymous

• yes, it is
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Okay, yes, I will be forced to buy insurance or be fined. We can't afford insurance now, and it isn't going to be any more affordable for us in the future. How is that reasonable?
    Anonymous

• I contacted my ins agent and asked him if we should be worried about what's going to happen to our ins. We are self employed and he said it will be a while until we see the affects of the new bill, and when we do it will be in our favor. I'm not worried... I also can't worry about anyone else at this point so life goes on for us.. No use in worrying about something you have no control over at this point... I don't vote so I don't complain.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• OP:: I have read several over veiws of the bill and they all say pretty much the same things: employers must provide ins. Ins co's can't deny anyone for preexisting conditions. No illegals can get the gov. exchange ins. Gov. exchange will be subsidized for low-mod income. No co-pays for preventative care... The only thing I hate is that you will be fined for not having coverage.
    Anonymous

• Well, Obama broke his "firm resolve" to never raise taxes of any kind on people making less than $250,000 a year and the bill limits what you can spend your untaxed flexible spending money on. You only be able to spend that money on prescriptions and not on over the counter drugs anymore.
    Anonymous

• Most other countried have socialized health insurance, and it works for them! America doesnt/hasnt because it was all a money thing! How to get rich, and leave the poor poorer! Watch the movie "Sicko" it is just amazing what we dont have!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't necessarily trust Sicko. It's been proven that Michael Moore fudged data and even made a few things up.
    Anonymous

• I suppose we should watch tv and trust the media to give us all the answers right? Because they know everything. *eye rolling* All this bill does is sticks it to the people who work their rears off every day. Premiums are going to go sky high, hsa's aren't going to cover nearly as much, and now we are going to be forced to purchase healthcare or pay a fine. People should be able to choose for themselves what to spend their money on. This bill is crap and when insurance goes so freaking high that no one can afford it, we are going to be stuck with government insurance. Just what I want, the government making decisions for mine and my families healthcare.
    Anonymous

• No; it's really not THAT bad. Are there some things that could have been handled better sure; but that will always be true - nothing will ever please 100% of the people.

If you really want the truth; and not spin - go to www.politifact.com and read the Top 5 Lies; and Top 10 Facts about HCR

Anonymous