Am I crazy or would this annoy anyone else?

My Son is 2 years old and whenever we are around friends and family everyone always wants to hold him. Not only that but they are always saying what a cute baby he is. I hate that people call him a baby, he certainly doesn't act like one. And I am so sick of people wanting to hold him, why does a 2 year old need to be held?Am I crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, I don't have a 2-year-old yet, so I'm not sure.... I think he may look big to you, but not to other people. To people who might see older children a lot, your son looks like a baby and they are trying to compliment him. If he does not LIKE to be held, then I could see how that would be annoying, but if he LIKES it, I think I'd be fine with it. I don't think I want a lot of people telling my son how cute he is when he gets old enough to understand.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• compared to most kids, he is a baby... no one is going to be like Oh look at that cute toddler ! lol... I mean it wont last for long, just let them hold him and then after her wiggles out of their arms, it will be done with......
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• like glam... I agree two years old is still a "baby" to some people.

Mine are 10, 6, and almost 5 yo.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Not to bash on you, but calm down. Be happy your "baby" gets alot of attention. What do you want people to call him?
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I still call him my little baby. I don't mind if people want to hold him, he usually signs when he wants down and I have been teaching everyone the signs he uses. As long as they pay attention to that, I don't mind at all. If they hold him and ignore him signing to them and he gets upset, then I get annoyed.
    Anonymous

• awww, sounds like they just love him to pieces. I wouldn't be too annoyed about it, one day he really will be too big to hold.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I kinda get what you mean. My mom always calls my daughter "cutie-petutie" and it annoys the hell out of me. She also calls her "pumpkin" which would be fine except she calls my nephew that as well so I feel like she isn't being genuine with her she's just generally calling her what kids are called. So when she calls my nephew the same thing my dd gets jealous. It's kind of a mind-f*k for my daughter I think. But yeah.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Oh and my aunt still calls her 21 year old "Bambino" which is what he was called when he was a baby. Embarrassing.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Two years old is still a baby. People want to hold him because he is cute and lovable. Maybe he likes it. If he didn't' they wouldn't hold him. Are you jealous of the attention being paid to him?
    Anonymous

• yes, like the other mom said, one day he will be too big to hold. Let them enjoy him now while he is still little enough to be cuddled and "babied"
    Anonymous