Did you know its illegal to drive without auto insurance?

It may vary by state but somes states have had this law for a very long time.It is mandatory to have auto insurance, if you get caught driving without insurance, they can impound your car,suspend your license and you get a hefty fine. If you are a repeat offender you could do jail time.
Knowing this, why are so many of you so uptight about mandatory medical insurance?Where would you be if you suddenly contracted a chronic illness and you have no insurance? Its tha same as if you were driving without car insurance and had a bad car accident. You'd be stuck and screwed BIG TIME. What would you do, how would you pay for it?
You people need to relax about the health care reform and let history take place here.Over time, we will all be used to it. It will be okay. Just chill out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am 30 years old and take four meds a day, one for high blood pressure. I am NOT overweight, I eat healthy and I am active, so why is it high, genes. If my husband was not in the military I would NOT have insurance. No one would cover me, I was on bed rest at some point (even if was moderate) with all three babies so that is another NO go for me. So when he gets out (he is retiring in seven years) I would not have insurance if he was not retiring.

Is that fair, its not like all I eat is junk. I am sure this health care plan is going to have kinks everything does but we need this. People deserve healthy insurance. I have been hit by a car and the driver did not have health insurance that was loads of fun.
    Anonymous

• It's not illegal to not own a car. I can live my entire life and legally never buy car insurance. Can you hold your breath for 65 years?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Actually you are wrong. Do some more research. Mandating anyone to purchase something is illegal.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you, but chilling is not on most of these ladies vocabulary!

Answer by older at 12:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• That makes no sense notpanicking. Most Americans DO own a car or two. I bet you even own one.
    Anonymous

• believe it or not a lot of people don't drive cars. they bike or walk to where they need to go. so why the hell do they need car insurance... they don't. it is only mandatory if you drive a car. it's not the same as health insurance!

Anonymous

• The only reason why I have insurance, is because it's the law, not because I want to papy over 200 a month for something I NEVER USE.
    Anonymous

• I am not wrong. You have to have car insurance to drive a car. It may not be in all states but it is a law in some.That is a fact. Do your homework.
    Anonymous

• I agree with those who say:

You have the choice to not own a car if you don't need one or can not afford one, or just don't want one.

You are not FORCED to buy car insurance if you don't drive.

That was too easy. Try again with an argument that holds water.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• acually- where I live the nearest ANYTHING is 8 miles away- and there are no busses or anything out here so- I NEED my car!
    *hubby has ulcerative colitis and I worry all the time about what would happen if we have no insurance...his meds would cost 600 a month and that's not counting the other meds we need- mine for athsma and whatnot...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2010