What's wrong with making sure everyone has health care?

I don't understand why people are against that? Or are they just against the government choosing the health care?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 12:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• because not everyone can afford health insurance. We have it through DH work, but some can't afford it. I have health insurance, but I think it is stupid that everyone has to have it
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Because it's Obama.

I agree with you though. Even though it has it's flaws it's better than doing nothing.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• This bill is NOT about health CARE. It is about health insurance. EVERYONE gets health care now. I have not had INSURANCE for 5 years, and I have had health care for 5 years, paid for by myself, out of pocket. Nobody ever locked me up and said NO, NO health CARE for you!!!!!! I don't appreciate being forced to spend thousands up front on INSURANCE so they can reimburse the doctor the $300 I'd pay out of pocket on my own without them, and then let them keep the extra thousands they didn't need for me to pay for YOUR health care.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It's not the ideal of getting everyone covered, it's the actual mechanics of this bill.
    Anonymous

• because it is a dreaded "ism".... "socialism"

because there are people who believe health care shouldn't be a basic right...

I disagree
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Because it is Obama and not MCain.
    Anonymous

• Because it is Obama and not MCain.

No, she didn't ask why you supported the bill.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It's actually cheaper for me to go, as needed, to the clinic, without health care. This bill would screw with that.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• You can go to the ER right now, and you won't be denied treatment because of lack of health insurance. You just have to pay out of pocket!
    Anonymous

• Health care is a right. It shouldn't be a privilage or just available to those who are rich and can afford it. I think if the government wants to pass something, they should tax health care like they tax education for our children and have it available to anyone, Then again...our children's education isn't the best so I doubt the health care would be as well.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2010