can an individal get on medicaid now?

it's where only pregnant women can get on it in my state. since the bill is passed can a single person with no children get on medicaid? i am asking for my mother. they don't make bu 1200 a month on my father's SS check and he has VA medical right now. there is NO WAY that they can afford it. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• 2014, but see if your state has its own low income insurance plan separate from medicaid
    Anonymous

• Nothing's going to happen right now. Most of the changes won't happen until 2014. However, you could check with your state and see what aid is available right now. Where I live, there are many people who have both Medicare and Medicaid, some who don't have Medicare yet, have Medicaid. Your state may actually have a plan for individuals who are under a certain income lever, many states do at least, but you have to ask.
    Anonymous

• It depends on how much you make and how many children you have now. If it is just you and one other child, then if you make less than $15,000 a year, you will qualify for medicaid. If you make more than that, then you will be required to start buying insurance for you and your family. At the end of the year, when you file your taxes, you will get part of that back in credits.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Maybe this site can help you find info: http://www.cms.hhs.gov/default.asp?
    Or google medicaid and your state to find an office near you. Good luck.

Anonymous

• No LOLOLOLOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Obama said he was going to pay my mortgage, put gas in my car.
    Anonymous

• Angel is right, but this won't be implemented until 2014. So, not for 4 more years, if is isn't amended by then.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I know some in Michigan who are.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2010