So much for 2014 huh?

Watching the President on CNN right now, and I am loving the care he's outlining in the bill, so people can better understand it. But what made me really happy, is that all those things he mentioned start THIS YEAR, including tax breaks to small business owners, to help them cover employees. I might be in the minority, but I am VERY happy about the h/c reform.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 1:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Considering you never repeat anything correctly, I can't wait to go read what he really said.
    Anonymous

• I think it's great!
    Anonymous

• I am an employer with fewer than 50 employees.

We don't offer health insurance to our 12 employees.

We are taxed too much to do that.
    Since we have fewer than 50 employees, we STILL are not required to offer it, and we won't.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Hey anon, show you face... Why do you hide in order to attack? I always quote correctly, either from direct text, or video. If you were watching CNN instead of hiding on here, you'd know that what I said was true.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• He's saying it again right now... Turn it on..
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I am happy too!

Answer by older at 1:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Yeah, figures.
    "small businesses will receive tax credits to help cover insurance, insurance companies won't be able to drop people's coverage when they get sick, and uninsured parents of children with pre-existing conditions will be able to purchase coverage"

Everyone already knew that, that's nothing new. You're making it sound like the majority of the bill is about to take effect. A few things start this year and nobody ever claimed otherwise. How did you manage to miss it in all the questions you ran through spreading misinformation?
    Anonymous

• Same old from this OP.This isn't a revelation OP.Alot will not take effect until several years from now.We know you believe every word the president say's already.A few thing's doesn't mean most.
    Anonymous

• He can kiss my ass with this bill. I don't have an extra $400 - $600 a month to pay for insurance. Forcing Americans to pay for something is completely unconstitutional. If this is really going to be required or we will be fined, we will STOP filing taxes at the very least. Or maybe I should just jump on the band wagon of losers and quit my job so we can just get medicaid, foodstamps, and all other kinds of PA. That is exactly what this bill and this administration are all about. Keeping people down and dependant on the government. Great job BO (you ass!)

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• So, when he has to create another bill to include the additional spending that is needed (DR, Fix, etc)~ You know the stuff he could NOT put in the health care bill because it would cause the CBO to give him a negative score for costing too much... Is that what you call transparency and fiscal responsibility?

Or how about that this bill exempts DC staffers from the healthcare mandates?

Or how about that it caters to Big Pharma? Apparently they aren't included in the 'greedy' capitalism fear tactics libs use when talking about Health Insurance Companies... Funny considering Big Pharma has a HIGHER profit margin than the Insurance industry... Ohhhhh, right Big Pharma was one of Obama's biggest campaign donors... Got it..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2010