Family vacations with toddlers - what do you suggest?

I am looking for ideas for a summer vaction for my family. We have 2 adults, 2 toddlers, and a teenager. I really don't have any ideas yet, so anything you can recommend will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Travel

• Camping. There are so many fascinating things in forests for little kids to examine and play with, and with three people capable of making sure they don't eat poisonous berries or fall into a fire, it could even be relaxing for the parents.

I wouldn't go anywhere near a theme park with two toddlers --their legs are too short to do the walking necessary to get from one thing to another and even Disney understood that his parks were for adults, not little kids. They're overwhelming to little kids --too many people, too much to look at, all of it on too large a scale for them to even see most of it. Mostly what they see is pant legs and bare knees.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• disney world. i, as a 23 year old grown adult, still love going there. the kids will obviously love it and the teenager will probably enjoy it as well. i know right now they're having some kind of $99 special where you get to see all parks for that price for 4 days or something.
    Anonymous

• depends on where you live. If you live by the coast, I'd definitely suggest going to the beach and camping for a week! Have your teen bring a friend so they're not totally bored. Disneyland is another good place to go.
    Good luck! Have fun!!!
    Anonymous

• Camping, the beach, a week in the mountains, I do think having your teen bring a friend is a good idea if you can afford it.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 2:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• familyvacations .com has good ides
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2010