what can i do for severe sugar cravings?

What would be a good health alternative to sugar cravings ?

KristinaMari876

Asked by KristinaMari876 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Health

• FRUIT!!! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 1:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• cinnamon and apple flavored rice cakes
    Anonymous

• I found that eating a lot of fruit made me not crave candy, baked goods, ice cream and other sweets. Fruit has fructose in it, but at least it isn't the sugar in baked goods.

Answer by Bmat at 1:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Brush your teeth or chew gum. I've also found that drinking a cup of warm water with lemon in it can curb your taste buds so you might still be hungry (if you are really hungry) but you won't want something sweet anymore.
    MJmom892

Answer by MJmom892 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I concur! FRUIT is the best choice!! Try it for a few days and your sugar cravings should start to go away.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Bitter herbs.

The opposite flavor of sweet isn't sour, it's bitter. So, eating things like lettuce, parsley, kale, tumeric (it's the yellow spice in curry), asparagus, coffee, green tea, endive, Brussels sprouts... will help eliminate your desire for sweetened foods.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• chew sugarless gum, thats what i do
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 2:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Baker's Yeast mixed w/ Diet Dr. Pepper will help with the ups and downs your blood sugar is going through. Try to eat more fiber, including fruit.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I have heard that a constatn craving for sweets is a sign of lack of good protein in your diet
    Anonymous