Has anyone been told their amnotic (sp?) fluid is high?

Has anyone been told their amnotic(sp?) fluid is high? What does it mean? What happened? etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on how high it is, i had extra fluid but they werent to concerned, so nothing happened they just keep an eye on it through ultrasound.
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• it can be a sign of gestational diabetes, it can be a sign of twins...it could be other things as well. for me, it was twins. if you were told this, i am sure that they will keep an eye on it. sometimes you can have a "growth spurt" to. your next visit they may find the levels are where they should be. don't worry. just let them monitor the situation for now.
    good luck!
    how far along are you?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I had a lot of fluid - I was induced 8 days early, although it didn't work because there was so much fluid that she was just bobbing around in there and wouldn't come down. They didn't want to break my water and have the cord come out first. I was sent home.
    Next day they incerted a pill into my cervix and that jump started labor. She was born the next day (aka 2 days after I was induced the first time).
    They didn't realize how much fluid there was until about 35 weeks. And when my water broke, it was a RIVER!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 2:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2010