5 year old won't go poop...

My 5 year old son has taught himself not to go poop. When he has to go he will hold it in until he does not have to go. I took him to the Dr. he got an x-ray he was all backed up, poor guy. Then he was given an enema. When he does poop his poop will clog up the toilet. He eats a high fiber diet, drinks lots of water, plays outside, he just does not want to poop...any suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Health

• mirilax
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I would tell him that either he sits and poops or you will have to stick the medicine up butt to make him go! You can try having him sit at a certain time each day and he can play a handheld game or read a book or something to help hm relax
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Mirilax. Is he having pain? Perhaps you can also try a stool softener.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• When my son was 5 I noticed he taught himself to hold in his poop. When he would poop his poop was the size of a coke can (i know too much information" One day I was rubing his tummy and noticed lumbs, I took him to the doctor and he was given a x-ray. Poor guy was all full of poop. He was given an enema and the doctor told me to start giving him miraLax daily. I also make sure he drinks plenty of water and he eats a high fiber diet. It hurt my little guy to poop so he would just hold it in.. he is now pooping without problem.
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010