if your man cheated, what would you do to him?

possible TMI-I've heard many women claim that their men would be minus one willy, but many say that they'd leave.
I like to think that I would leave for a while so I could think alone and hopefully not do something I'd regret later.
but I don't think I would walk out forever (if it was a one time slip)- I don't think I'd make it that easy on him!
why leave and give up a life that I've helped build? I've told my husband that if he every strays then I consider it fair game to do the same thing- that maybe it would even be years later-
Has anyone ever stuck around so they could make his life H*ll after-wards?
No, I haven't caught my husband, but with all I read here I sometimes wonder what I would do if I did. He's told me that if nothing else, he wouldn't be stupid enough to think that he'd get away with it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• i would want to cut off his dick but i dont want to go to jail and leave my kids with the only arents they really know and thats me. I'll just leave and take the kids with him and ask him if that person/people were worth losing his family.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Well....I'm not sure exactly what I would do. BUT I can assure you of a few things that he likes that I WOULD NEVER ever do for him again. : )
    Anonymous

• I'd kick him out....end of story. I'm not going to waste my time making him (and by doing so, myself) miserable. I don't care if he did it once, or several times. You cheat, you're out. Your loss.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I agree with Anouck. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.....If you let him stay, you might be getting ALOT more than what you ever wanted...
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I always thought I'd leave. I've told ppl that for years when their SO was cheating on them. And when I found out, that was my first thought. To pack up my son and I and leave. Instead I called my grandmother, and she had my grandfather come pick me up to take me over there for a while (DH was working on base, so luckily couldn't call him and yell) She calmed me down quite a bit and we ended up talking it over, and doing some counseling. Not saying it fixed everything, I trust him to an extent, but nothing like I use to. But we are better. I've never regretted staying, but I did make it known if it ever happened again...I don't care how far down the road, me and the kids are gone.
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• My first husband cheated, a lot, when I found out I asked him to leave so I could think it all over, he did and moved right in with a girlfriend, that settled it for me, we were divorced, I found a real man and now I have a happy marriage with a beautiful daughter, so, from my perspective, kicking him out is the best thing to do, but that's just me.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 2:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It depends on the type of cheating. If it was a one-time affair with a random lady, I think I'd be able to forgive him (eventually - it would not come easily).

If it were a long-time romantic and emotional relationship with someone, I honestly don't know how I'd get over it.

The sexual affair is very difficult to take. The emotional affair (IMO) would be even harder for me.

My husband says if I ever cheated on him, he would leave. Period. He simply can't mentally or emotionally handle that kind of breech of trust. Good thing I'm not the cheating type! ; )
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I know I'd leave. I wouldn't want revenge. I would just want to get away from him.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Men are not monogamous creatures which is why open relationships work. Why grieve, leave, regret, go back and repeat instead of just accepting it could happen and if he comes home then he chooses to stay in the marriage? Open relationships just make sense. You don't feel betrayed. You don't feel like he made a fool of you when everyone knows except you. In an Open relationship he lets you know. Honesty is key. For most men it's just about sex anyway so why not let him have his sex where he wants it but keep the great part of the relationship (emotional connection) ?
    Anonymous

• My ex husband cheated a lot but will only admit to the one girl he left me for. I'm not that stupid. I know how he is so I know it's true he was with others. I left and I never looked back. It was not worth my kids seeing me strung out from stress to stay with a man that didn't want just me. I don't regret my divorce and I now have a wonderful man that I trust completely.
    To the above poster, not everyone agrees with an open relationship. There are men and women out there who just want to be with one person and one person ONLY. Open relationships are not for everyone. I know I won't ever be in one. I don't share well. If he wants to be with me I tell him upfront that I better be the only one he is with or I am gone.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 5:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2010