2 y/o won't sleep

Up until my husband took a two week long business trip our 2 y/o had no trouble napping and going to bed at night. About a week into his trip she started fighting really hard. Her new thing is to pound her hand on her bedrail and scream owie. She has currently been doing this for 52 minutes now. I am exausted. I am 8 months pregnant and Daddy is at work right now.

I realize some of you Moms don't approve of the "cry it out" meathod...but this was the only thing that worked for us in the past and I don't feel the same way about it as you do.

Going in there and telling her to stop or giving this any attention just makes it worse.

God give me strength right now.

54 minutes now...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe she doesn't need a nap?? My dd is 22 months and has recently stopped needing a nap every day.

One thing that always helps with us when our DD wont sleep (day or night) is going in and talking to her. I lay her down and read or just talk and it seems to help calm her down. AND if she needs a nap then she'll usually fall asleep after being clamed.
    Anonymous

• *calmed
    Anonymous

• I think the only real time mom don't approve of it is when the child is under 12 to 18 months...at 2, she is fine to CIO.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• if I go in there...she will scream open door, open door! I have read two of her favorite books, twice. I sang her favorite song, twice. If I manage to get her back in bed and calm her down, she will insist on a hug on my way out. If I give her a hug, she hangs on for dear life. Her room is happy and friendly and safe. I feel if I give this pounding/owie thing attention, that she will think it's okay and that could backfire when she's like 13.

Maybe she doesn't need her nap (I would like her to nap)...but she does need to go to bed tonight...

...one hour and 5 minutes now...non-stop pounding...her poor little hand

-OP
    CafeMomBinky

Answer by CafeMomBinky at 2:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Hang in there!
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 3:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2010