Do you have a date night with your hubby?

If so how many times a month? What do you do?

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I used to..now the sitter thing just puts makes it a more stressful affair. When my kids are older I'll do it again.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• No, not really. Maybe on birthdays.
    Anonymous

• **just makes.....forget the puts.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• We used to go out alot now were lucky if once a month or every couple months. It's just to hard to find a baby sitter and to worry about how long were taking, to go pick my son up and hope we get home before he wakes up. It's alot of work.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• we don't even have a 'date five minute' anymore, never really had a date night from the start. When I met him, he came with the boys as a package deal.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• awww, I had my first date night in 7/8 years. I have 4 kids ages 6,7,11,14

I made a night out of it 4/5 hours. Dinner and a show. I will continue to do it 1 time a month. we need us time.

I am setting the date this week for next month, I will not miss out on our time any more.

WE has so much fun.... IF we can't get a sitter that night, we will have candle light and a movie. My goal is dinner that night and bowling or something fun, pool.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Never did, nope. I figured if I wasn't capable of having an adult relationship with my husband over the heads of my kids, I was clearly not trying very hard...

I did start getting up and making dh breakfast when the kids were young (homeschooled) and getting up after he left. It made for a great, peaceful start to the day to reconnect and read newspapers together, with a kiss before he left on the doorstep (so Donna Reed!) With 45 minutes a day, at least, in totally undisturbed 'couple time' I never felt the need to shoo the kids away from 'family time' in the evening. We'd even get up on weekends to have peace in the house before they crawled out of bed...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Yes at least once a week we feed the kids dinner and out them to bed early .. we make a seperate meal for us and either watch a movie, play a game , or just talk
    Anonymous

• Nope. We go out, just the 2 of us on a date once every 5 years it seems. Last time was January 7, 2009 (our 9th wedding anniversary). Last time before that was July 2004.
    With a new baby on the way and moving 1700 miles from family we won't be going out again for another 5 years (when this baby starts school) because we could never afford a babysitter.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2010