Embarrassing situation

I am taking some probiotics that are cleaning up my guts and its causing me to have a lot of gas. I had a 4th degree tearing with my first birth and my anal muscles are really weak and can not hold back the gas. How do I explain this to my co-workers? BTW, it doesn't stink. It's just the sound that is embarrassing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Health

• I would just tell them the truth.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 2:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Sounds weird, but in my experience, wearing a thong helps to muffle the sound of gas escaping the anus.
    Anonymous

• Really is it any of their business? I would just say excuse me and go on about your day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It's actually the opposite of what you think: you need to relax your muscles to make it silent, not contract them.

It can help to sit up straighter and on softer chairs. Also, do some yoga or ballet warmups (leg lifting, plies, forward bends) before going to work and at every break/bathroom visit to help move things along while you're alone.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I AGREE WITH jADEMOM07.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2010