Why do people keep comparing mandatory health insurance with auto insurance?

Where don't you get that auto insurance is not 100% absolutely necessary if YOU DON'T OWN/DRIVE A CAR? What am I supposed to do about mandatory health insurance? Not have life? Why would anyone think these are comparable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i drive without ins, and i have no medical
    Anonymous

• We understand not everyone has a car and needs it, but, that is the best way to undestand and explain mandatory insurance for people. Use your imagination a little. It isn't an exact...it is only similar.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Because they're dumb.
    Anonymous

• It is not 100% ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for you to continue living, either, but if you want to, it is good to have insurance. That way, the same as auto insurance, if an accident happens, the public is not responsible for paying for your stupidity.
    Anonymous

• There is no real comparison there OP.It is just a reach is all.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• why do people have kids if they can't afford medical insurance for them?
    Anonymous

• It is not 100% ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for you to continue living, either, but if you want to, it is good to have insurance.

So where in the FREEDOM to LIVE does it state the the governement must force me to pay to?
    Anonymous

• Umm accidents happen even if your not in a car..maybe that's why?

Silly example: say your walking and you turn the corner and bump into a man on his bike.You have hurt your arm badly he is pretty hurt also. Now what?
    Anonymous

• Why? Because they don't want to see it as different, it 'proves' their point that there is already a similar thing in place that people aren't complaining about. What they fail to realize, is there is a HUGE difference. If I can't afford car insurance- I am not required by law to drive on the road and get fined. I have the choice to never own a car, to never even get a drivers license if I don't want/ can't afford one.

THIS health insurance reform, doesn't allow me to NOT be a part of it. Even if I determine that my family can't afford health insurance, I'll be mandated to have it. I hope that people who say this realise that this example (you are required to have car insurance) is not a valid comparrison.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

AGREED! That should be question!
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2010