how long do you let your chicken thaw before cooking it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Until it's no longer frozen. time all depends on if I lay it in the fridge, use the microwave, or thaw in cold water.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• We usually take it out before bed, and put it in the fridge in the morning. We go to bed pretty late, so it's not out more than 6 hours in frozen state. It's pretty much ready when we wake up, so we pop it in the fridge to keep it safe to eat. We do not put it in anything, just lay it in the sink and let it thaw.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It is said that youre really not supposed to do this but I leave mine sit on the counter over night then in the morning I stick it in the fridge until I'm ready to cook it later,lol. Not the best method but thats what I do. Oh well. lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I usually soak mine in a brine before I cook it, either overnight or at least 4 hrs in the frig. I don't always let it thaw out completely before it goes into the brine.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• When dealing with pieces I dont thaw anymore, it seems to come out better if I start cooking it while frozen. If its a whole chicken i leave it in the fridge overnight or i do cold water in the sink during the day.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I don't. I always cook it from frozen.
    Anonymous

• Get a NuWave. You cook any meat stright from frozen with that ingenious thing. Less chance of bacteria as well. It depends on the size but it usually doesn't take me more than 30 minutes to cook chicken from frozen in it ;)
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 5:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2010