Buying a new house

So my husband and I have been house hunting since 2008.

We've seen so many houses and put quite a few offers down, and the one we recently made seems the most promising.. like its actually going to happen....

I'm not as excited about this house.. its a wonderful cute little house but i'm more scared then anything.. and all the other houses i wasn't scared at all.. is it normal ? What did you guys feel when buying a new place?

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 2:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it took about a year for the adrenalin and HOLY CRAP WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!! to sink in. lol

it was one of the scariest and most nerve wracking things we've ever done. but we had a 12 way bidding war going on with our house....
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I was nervous the first time. I worried that maybe we'd find out there was something horribly wrong with it after the deal was done, or that one of us would lose our job and not be able to pay the mortgage or other bills. We just recently moved up to a bigger house, and I wasn't nearly as nervous this time around, though I do still worry about how long it will take to sell our old house.

GL!
    Anonymous

• Nerves, I think it is normal. Who does not worry??? Good luck!!!

You should be happy... It is a great time to buy....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• SO and I have the option to lease our home, and we have the money for the closing cost, but we arent ready to take on the responsibility for home ownership. We like having landlords (if there's a major problem, it doesnt come out of our wallet lol), and they are so flexible about rent. we have 15 days to pay it and if we dont make it on time we just have to add on a late fee. We hate to have to add on the late fee, but as long as they get it every month it's all good. The bank wouldnt be as lenient. plus it would be hard on us financially paying the land tax every year
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It is very scary. We've purchased 2 houses and I was scared both times.
    Anonymous