Has anyone went to Disney in Orlando the last week of April ? How was it as far as being crowded? Waiting times in lines?

cashflowmama

Asked by cashflowmama at 7:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Travel

• I used to live there, and it depends on when easter weekend is falling. Also what week is spring break. If your going next April and easter is before the time you are going you will be ok. I'm not saying it wont be crowded, sep and oct are great times to go there, but as long as easter is over and spring breaker's are gone it shouldnt be too crowded. Waiting times, depend on the ride you want to get on. They have this new thing, where you can pay extra to NOT have to wait in line. A Slow day for disney is about 55,000. people in the park. Though they have slower days than that.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Usually the last week of April isn't too bad, since school vacations are usually done but Southern schools are still in session. But it's Disney...any waiting there is better than being at home!
    chelle1141

Answer by chelle1141 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I cannot speak for the end of April myself, but my boss went this past April and said it was busy. I took my family the week before Memorial Day (3rd week of May) and it was very comfortable. No Spring Break, kids still in school, crowds low, not too hot. Worked out well..prices still low on condo!!! Lines 10-15 minutes.
    Momma1966

Answer by Momma1966 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• We went the first week of May and it was great! We didn't wait more than 10 minutes for any rides. I think that as long as spring break is out of the way, it will be slow until schools let out. We like near Disney, but don't like the crowded weekends and holidays, so we keep the kids out of school and go on weekdays in late April and May while every else is still in school.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• We were at Disney this year from April 27 through May 4. It was a great time to go. We waited in line an average of 20 mins per ride (which is nothing in "Disney Time". The only ride we waited longer at was Test Track in Epcot, but to make up for it we walked right on both Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster in MGM. Overall a great time to go. As the others mentioned most Sping Breaks are over and mosts schools have not let out for the year. We were also able to get reservations for the Luau (sp?) and 2 character breakfasts that we didn't even book until March!! Highly recommend this time to go (we plan to again next year)!
    saschasmama

Answer by saschasmama at 4:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• i've been there twice for my sons 1st n 2nd birthday..and it was fine to me it just gets crowded when the parades are happening
    ANTSMOM415

Answer by ANTSMOM415 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Both times i went there it was in April....lots of High School trips are happening. line wait times were about 1-2 hrs.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I went the first week in February. The weather was fantastic, and there were NO lines for anything...Really...Years ago my first Disney trip was in July, and I will NEVER go again during peak season...The heat weas unbearable, and the lines too long. If you are not going during spring break, it should be ok...
    PrettyMommie812

Answer by PrettyMommie812 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2008