Why don't you want medical insurance?

What is your biggest reason for not wanting medical insurance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i am actually for the reform.....

but it isnt that people dont want medical insurance, it is that alot of them think it is going to cost them alot....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Nobody doesn't want health insurance, that I know. And me, personally? I'm not even against everyone having it. I'm just fully against the unconstitutional acts that we're taken to get it. We have rules and procedures for a reason, they were ignored.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Because that's what the right wing rhetoric tells them to think. I'm all for seeing if this works. After all (giggle) this is Obama's Waterloo.
    Anonymous

• Many claim they do not need it, and will pay out- of -pocket for illness/treatments. Delusional, you bet. It's called uncompensated costs and they get spread amongst the rest of us who actually hold and pay for our policies. It's irresponsible to CHOOSE not to have hc coverage, and it drives costs up for everyone else. Prevention is the name of the game, not putting out fires as they arise.

Anonymous

• It is not, repeat NOT, that we don't want it. It is (again.....)

1-being FORCED to buy it.
    2-being monitored by the IRS to make sure I have it
    3-the cost of it all!!!!!!!

All of you who are soooo happy, now, I hope that you are happy when you lose your employee sponsored insurance for whatever reason and have to go on medicaid, just to be told that you will have to wait for months because the state can't add anymore people to the rolls. Do you realize that any change to your existing insurance policy will make it null and void? You will then have to go on medicaid. Have you even read any of the bill, or have you just listened to Matthews and Olberman?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• They want it they just don't want to pay for it.
    Anonymous

• Honestly I think it is the idea that the government can force you to pay for something with your hard earned income for something you may not want. But alot of it is, I think alot of people cannot afford it. I think alot of people supporting this did not realize it does not provide healthcare, it requires you to buy it, very different.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 6:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2010