So Are you calling your Doctor now to set up and appointment?

30,000,000 new patients this year. There is going to be more demand for medical personnel, prescription medications, equipment for evaluation and treatment. Aren't you worry that there is going to be a shortage of these resources?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Health

• There's a 6 wk wait at my PCPs office. Can't wait to see what it'll be like after this "wonderful" healthcare crap goes through. As an employee in the healthcare field, I am really disappointed... more for those who think they're going to get good care than anything else. They will get RATIONED care and there will be a longer wait for appts, more restrictions on meds, longer waiting for diagnostic testing, etc. I have a myriad of medical problems, including Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I shutter to think how long it would take for pre-auths on my pain meds and how little would be covered, if anything at all. I'm only 28 and I'm supposed to be healthy, so the gov't could deny whatever they want when I don't fit into their criteria. People think it's bad w/ commercial insurance, it's only going to get WORSE.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Nope - I'm thirilled that there are going to be more jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• YAY! Guaranteed work as a doctor when my son graduates from college and becomes an M.D.
    Of course, this isn't for another 20 years or so,lol.
    Anonymous

• There is already a six month wait here in Georgia for a pediatric doctor specialized in any field, so yes, I am calling ahead now to make our 2014 appointments!
    Anonymous

• Oh stop fearmongering.
    Waterloo.
    Anonymous

• Nope. I almost never go to the doctor, so for sure I'll be paying for someone else to!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Ok, it is way past time to change this picture. He isn't your husband, father,son,father in law, or anyone else remotely connected to this family. Funny, yes, family, no. I want my family back.

REally? My son saw an Autism specialist in 2 weeks. The audiologist in 2 and a half and my daughter saw a pediatric orthopedist in 2 days. OH and when she was a baby she saw a gastroenteritis in 4 days. Either your insurance sucks or you are exagerating just a tad.
    Anonymous

• With more patients there will be more income therefore more room to hire new staff or open new offices. Creating jobs for doctors, nurses, receptionist and eve custodians. I am sure there are plenty of doctor and nurses out there to meet any new demand. Sheesh.
    Anonymous