what day is Easter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• apr 4
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Good Friday is April 2.

April4th is Easter Monday.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• thank you
    Anonymous

• ohhhh the time and energy that have been spent answering this question!

From Wikipedia:

Computus (Latin for computation) is the calculation of the date of Easter in the Christian calendar. The name has been used for this procedure since the early Middle Ages, as it was one of the most important computations of the age.

The canonical rule is that Easter day is the first Sunday after the 14th day of the lunar month (the nominal full moon) that falls on or after 21 March (nominally the day of the vernal equinox). For determining the feast, Christian churches settled on a method to define a reckoned "ecclesiastical" full moon, rather than observations of the true Moon.

(I know you were probably asking about Easter 2010, but I find this topic FASCINATING and had to share!)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 3:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• April 4th...I can't forget this year. My youngest child turns 4 the day after that on the 5th. Sigh. She's getting so big.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2010