should i be keeping all my daughters clothes?

as she grows out of clothes i've been grouping them together and giving them away, donating where needed in town to new moms. should i be keeping these clothes for my next baby incase its a girl too? or do you start fresh with each baby?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is up to you
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• its up to you. I kept some of my Son's and gave away some, etc We are expecting number 2 now and if its a boy then we are set. And money can go toward other things the baby needs to on so many clothes
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 2:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I kept all mine, but had a girl and had to buy new :) I would keep them just in case, babies are a lot of money, why spend more than you have to
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 3:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I kept only the very nicest and sweetest outfits. I kept outfits with sentimental value (but only if they were in good condition)

You never know if the seasons will line up with the sizes you are keeping, so you are probably better off by donating the majority of it now to someone that can use it right away. You'll be blessed with more when you need it.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I'm keeping the things I like best. I was getting rid of a lot of things, then realized I'd feel really stupid if I had another boy and didn't have any clothes for him!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I was going to give Chloe's clothes away, but decided against it. She has tons of gender-neutral clothes and I really think it would be nice to have a bunch of clothes for our next baby without spending much money. But it's up to you.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 3:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• You should keep it. Even if you have a boy, undershirts and pjs can still be worn. So can toys, strollers, high chairs and car seats. Why spend all the money on new stuff if you already have it.

Now I gave all my daughters stuff away, but Im not married and dont plan on being a single mommy of 2. So no more kids for me.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• i'm so torn now, i never even thought about keeping any of it
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• This day and age I would keep them in case you have another girl. I saved all my boy clothes and hoped for another boy. nope got a girl, lol. Now I donate or sell them on ebay because we are done.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I kept all of my first sons and then I had another boy...I was so glad that I didnt have to buy all new

now when the second out grows them, I've been giving them away cuz we dont plan on another

I guess if a slip up happens ;) or God has other plans- then that baby will get all new- hopefully it will be a girl

I know some one that saved them and made a blanket out of them- sort of wish I had done that
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 5:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2010