With Healthcare Law Finished, Democrats Turn Their Attention to Cap-and-Trade Tax? Are you prepared?

Sen. John Kerry, a proponent of congressional action on climate change, said administration officials can now “pour their energy and attention” into the issue.

“In the wake of healthcare’s passage, we have a strong case to make that this can be the next breakthrough legislative fight,” the Massachusetts Democrat declared.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ummm... I hope I am.
    Anonymous

• The senate did not pass a bill. We have filibuster proof now just hope the rino's don't blow it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Aaaaaah, I thought that bill was dead! frustrated

Anonymous

• Nothing dies in DC. It just lies dormant.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• The only that dies in DC is the people and this is being said by a resident of the District.
    Anonymous

• What happened to "I am going to put all my attention to getting the economy going stronger, to jobs, jobs, jobs..."? I am SURE that I heard something along those lines, that job creation would be the #1 priority of the administration.....Somehow, I'm not surprised that he has forgotten all about that....
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• They can't stop now.. They KNOW their days are numbered.. They are desperate
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• This is the downside of Bayh giving up his seat and retiring. He was against it because of the enormous economic impact it would have on the state, and if the seat goes to a dem it will probably be one who doesn't have as much political self-esteem to stand up to the party. Hopefully it will go red along with a few others.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• This just PROVES the Dems are trying to destroy this country--once and for all!

Is this the kind of CHANGE the Obama voters/supporters had in mind?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I agree Lori wth it's all about craming their agenda down THEIR agenda who cares about the economy or jobs.or freedom just cram the agenda down their throats.If they don't like it let them eat cake.That is exatly how this admin strikes me.They want to see just how far and wide they can expand big government control before November.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2010