How about the "fat tax"?

is that in the bill? Will it be added? Now that the Government is taking control of all of our medical records, will those that are fat be taxed extra? Surely they have or will add a “fat tax” some where.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Naw, seriously, if they ever do a fat tax, the guidelines of what types of food are and are not "bad" will be determined by which foods' lobby groups contribute the most to congressional and presidential campaigns. You can rest assured that any Monsanto product, as well as HFCS and any processed food plant with union employees will end up being deemed "healthy" and "exempt". Meanwhile they'll be left foisting it on things like Hershey bars that most people don't purchase in any large quantities and it won't make a bit of difference.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I think if you let your kids get fat they should double tax you for being a crappy parent!
    Anonymous

• I agree with pp, you make your kids fat, you pay!
    Anonymous

• wtf?????
    Are you serious??
    What about medical reasons? And who gets to define fat?

Don't get me wrong childhood obesity makes me angry. But not everyone in the world that is "fat" is that way because they are unhealthy lazy slobs.
    This is just asking for more bulimia and anorexia.......which is equally as unhealthy.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• No, they're just going to tax the hell out of foods that make you fat.
    Anonymous

• I think there should be a stupid tax. Better yet, they should be sterilized.
    Anonymous

• McDonalds is unhealthy! Tax the people who go there
    Anonymous

• No, they're just going to tax the hell out of foods that make you fat. ~ HOORAY!
    Anonymous

• I wonder how long until someone makes a post complaining that they are going to make a tax on breathing next lol.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• idiots.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2010