Do you think this is wrong?

My husband thinks I am crazy because I gave my 11 month old daughter a purse and cell phone that are just hers. The purse is my old one that I was going to give to Goodwill and the cell phone doesn't work, we switched phone companies and it is one of our old ones. He says its wrong of me but I'm tired of her going through my purse and playing with my phone. He is more mad about the purse because he said it is too expensive for her to have (Its Chanel) but if I was just going to give it away what does it matter??

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 3:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no i dont think so i did the same thig for my DD!!!! and like you said you were gana give it away so what does it hurt it gives her something to do!!!
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• You make a good point, unless he was going to sell it (and you did say it was going to be given away) he really doesn't have a right to be mad.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 3:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Seems like there's a deeper issue that needs to be addressed.

Communicate well, listen, and see if there's something more he's trying to express by this.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 3:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• If it was going to be given away anyway why not give it away to her?? It would be different if you had gone out and bought her expensive ones.
    I think its a great idea!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Skepticchick, he isn't mad, he just thinks I'm crazy. He wants his baby to stay a baby and he thinks it makes her too grown up..
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 3:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it. But I can see where he is coming from if he is worried about her becoming obsessed with brand names. I mean they sell designer lunch bags and he may be worried she is going to start demanding those types of things if she gets them so early.
    Just don't make a big deal about the brand.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Just to clarify, demand them when she is older.
    SleepingBeautee

• Oh my goodness what is this dad going to do when she does grow up???
    I would have done the same!

Answer by older at 3:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• my kids have a HUGE stash of old purses and handbags!!!

and they have all our old dead cell phones too.

even took the bits out of my old keyboard and mouse.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Ah well that makes sense, from what you said above it didn't indicate he wanted her to stay his little girl... Just that the purse was too expensive to give to her... I I thought maybe there was a deeper issue.

Well good to know it's not a deeper issue. :D

I bet she looks super cute with a chanel purse :D
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 3:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2010