How can i stop overeating?

I have a problem, i eat small amounts of food all day. then when it comes to dinner, i gorge, i go into a trance and i just can't stop eating. Im not fat at all. im only 120. but im afraid a habit like this could put a toll on me when with age and repitition if i continue like this. so has anyone been in my shoes and trained themselves to stop doing that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Health

• Be more concious of what you're doing. You already know that you do this, so that's a good first step.
    Get smaller portions at dinner. Just use a smaller plate, or don't put soo much onto your regular dinner plate.
    Make conversation while at dinner, so you're taking bites in between talking. This not only gets you involved with your family, but it also forces you to slow down while eating. Being more concious of what you're doing during dinner will help you change your bad habits. It's good that you're not overeating all day. Binge eating during dinner won't neccisarily harm you, unless it was nothing but junk. That or you're stuffing yourself to the point of becoming sick.

Eat slowly. It can take your body 20 minutes before it tells you that it's full. By eating slow you're giving your body a chance to tell you before you're stuffed. All the best!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I wouldnt be concerned if you are only 120 and not gaining anything..,.that just means your body is burning the food fast!! Instead of eating try drinking water to fill you up....just eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and then a small heathly snack before bed...and before you eat lunch and dinner drink a glass of water....it will help!
    Anonymous

• Use a smaller dinner plate to control portion size.  It really works!  I switched our standard 12" dinner plates for 10" plates because my husband would eat too much and I wouldn't eat enough.  It has worked because my husband is full without feeling bloated and I feel like I've had a decent meal without leaving most of my food on my plate, and we've both been able to control our weight.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2010