Has anyone lost their sex drive after giving birth? I would rather sleep than have sex.. What can I do? My daughter is 19 months old and I have no desire to do anything.

jnc10501

Asked by jnc10501 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Heh, I feel you on that one. My son is almost 19 months old, and my former (quite strong) sex drive is still missing... I've had bouts of wanting to have sex, but definitely not nearly as much as before having him. Thankfully I have a very understanding SO. I make an effort to make time for him, and once we "get going", so to speak, I do enjoy it. But it's hard. Kids are EXHAUSTING!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• your not alone. after having my first child i felt the same way. Woman feel this way after childbirth for lots of reasons, the new responsibility of the baby and still adapting, low self esteem do to the post birth outlook of your body image, and so many more. i felt that way for 3yrs after my first child. Just get more rest, workout alittle and you will back to enjoying sex in no time
    Anonymous

• my son is 23 months old and I still lack a sex drive. Once SO and I start getting into it however, my sex drive is in full gear lol so I guess i'm just missing that horny urge.
    Anonymous

• I did. Very much so. I didn't get it back until I got pregnant with my second child (my son was then 4 months). I lost it as the pregnancy progressed (My sex drive that is). It's been five months and I finally got it back when my daughter was about four months old.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I was never sexually driven to start with, and I have wanted it more recently. However, I still lose interest quickly sometimes. It's not what it was when DH and I first started dating, that's for sure.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Its not that when I get it I don't enjoy it, I would just rather sleep.. Sometimes I feel so bad for my boyfriend thankfully he is very understanding about this. Sometimes I find myself coming up with lame excuses to not have sex like (i have a headache, or I fake an illness)...
    jnc10501

Answer by jnc10501 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It's just something that happens to some people. I hear that bfing can really reduce the drive and sometimes it lingers ever after you stop. Just find comfort in the fact that this won't last forever.
    Anonymous