TMI* Pressure*

I am 28 weeks pregnant and I have been haveing alot of pressure in my vagina, I know TMI but i really wanted to know what was going on. Should i be worried? Im sorry for the TMI but this is a new thing so im not sure whats going on. Any help will be nice. Thank You Ladies.

HardyGirl19

Asked by HardyGirl19 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I used to get that also.. I used to get a lot of pressure and I used to cramp up a lot. The doctor said it was just the baby growing and my uterus growing.. Hope this helps, Good Luck
    jnc10501

Answer by jnc10501 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Thank you. I was just worried because it just started happening.
    HardyGirl19

Answer by HardyGirl19 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• As your baby grows, so does your uterus. With that, it will expand and start pressing against your bladder, Vagina, etc,..
    toollady816

Answer by toollady816 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• As the baby grows it weighs down on your vaginal area. Especially as the baby decends into the cervix it will cause more pressure. You'll feel like the baby is right at the 'door' later in your pregnancy. That can also cause vaginal pain, hip pain, lower back pain, etc. It is natural as long as it isn't excrutiating or there's any other concerning symptoms that go along with it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Thanks for all the help and info ladies.
    HardyGirl19

Answer by HardyGirl19 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• That's normal. The pressure may go away and come back from time to time depending on the baby's position. It can also feel like a stabbing pain inside the vagina.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2010