Why do alot of newlyweds think they have to have a baby right away???

Why don't they understand that yes, a baby is rewarding, but they need to enjoy their spouse and being married before they get pregnant?

I don't regret my kids, i love them to death, but i wish i had time to be able to enjoy my husband and our marriage without the kids.

anyone else feel this way? or are you happy with having a baby right away, even after years?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• DH and I were pregnant by our first anniversary.... DS is 4 and we couldn't be happier
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I was pregnant by our first anniversary too...we had sex so much because we took that next step in our relationship....but we were also told that we couldnt have any kids because I had cervical cancer...its that newlywed state of mind....also people always pressure newlyweds to take the next step!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't have done it. It was too important to us to get used to being married first. But to each his own...
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I wish I had waited. We had a honeymoon baby. I told my daughter to wait and she did for 2 years. She's glad she listened to that piece of advice. I give advice sparingly.
    Anonymous

• I don't regret it at all! Some people want to have kids but actually want to wait until marriage to do so. Maybe that's why some people rush into it. I wanted a baby after I got married and before I got married. It's just a personal thing.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I wanted children young...Its what we wanted to do.We have everything to do so..So why not? I DO NOT want children after 25.I do not want to be an old woman chasing my children lol.Life is short.So why not make it happy?
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I was 26 when I got married, but my DH is 8 years older than I am, so age was a factor for us too
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I agree.
    Anonymous

• The whole picture is very appitizing when you first get married. You want the house, the husband/wife, the kids, the perfect lifestyle that anyone who wants to get married imagines. It's very easy to take that in without knowing what you're actually taking in. My husband and I found out we were pregnant a few weeks before our first anniversary. Still dating that is, though we knew we would eventually get married. In two years we got married, had two kids, and bought a house. We are happy with what we have, we love each other, our kids, and our home. However, we both know that we should've waited to have kids. We should've waited to buy a house, though we're better financially then we have ever been. We knew what we were getting into, but the push for it all was souly me. He knew it would make me happy so he went with it. Again, we're happy, but I at least wish we would've waited a couple more years for kids.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I have no idea. If I could have, I would still be planning my family and I am 35. Kids suck the life out of you. Bash me if you want, but I don't care. If I knew then what I know now, I would have waited and had a career and got to enjoy life. I do enjoy it, but not as myself. More as a mother and wife.
    Anonymous