What are fun "boy" things to do?

My 4 year old son and I have decided one day a week will be "boy day" What things can we do besides digging in the dirt?

aprilford2003

Asked by aprilford2003 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• me and my 3 yr old son soon be 4 went to movies the other night he enjoyed himself.
    playing at the park.
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 3:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Natural history museum?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• fishing, catch, kickeing the ball back and forth, paint outsdie where it doesnt matter how much mess is made, musem with cars trains ect, park, frisbey, foozball, sword fight, bike ride, dig for bugs, catching lizards

have fun!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Natural History Museum
    Science Museum
    Aquarium
    Going to a kids movie
    Building forts outside or in the living room
    Building things from sticks, rocks, and dirt. Like Teepee's, forts, etc.
    Going to the park.

That's all I can think of.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I usually take ds outside and just copy what he does... lol he knows boy stuff better than I do :-)
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 4:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• No ideas other than the ones already posted, but I justed wanted to say I think "boy day" is a great idea!!!
    Anonymous

• play ball, and to make digging in the dirt more fun, get all his cars and trucks and build roads to drive them on.
    Anonymous

• My husband builds legos with our son. They also do train tracks, the Geo-Trax...oh brother! It's a huge contraption by the time they are done, but it's fun to watch and our son is usually the one putting everything together, dad just supervises. Depending on your town, they have bounce-houses. You know, the HUGE castles, or slides or whatever....you can just go in, drop a few bucks and they can play and wear off TONS of energy. We have done putt putt, go karts as well. Bike riding is a biggie to.

Another mom I know does scavenger hunts then goes for a walk and reads off the list for her kids to find each item.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 9:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I wouldn't personally call it "boy day" because many many girls love digging in the dirt and playing in nature. But activities I do with my son quite often that may fit into the criteria you are looking for: talking long walks in our local garden and nature trail. We point out the things we see and then go home to draw them in our handy dandy notebook. We make a tent by putting it over our kitchen table and bringing camping gear under it. Done at night and we read stories by flashlight. Take magnifying glasses and hunt for bugs. Then we put the bugs in our bug catcher to study and observe. Of course we then draw our observations in our notebook. Running around the track at our local school to burn some energy and build up endurance. I run with him as training for a 10K. Local parks, zoo, fishing, planting vegies and caring for them....the list is endless. Of course girls could do these things too.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Personally we are calling it a "boy day" because I am playing with my son and doing the "boy" things he likes to do. We also have a "mommy day" where he helps me with my house work and any thing else I as the mommy need to do.

Thank you everyone for all of your helpful answers! I look forward to this bonding time with my son. =)
    aprilford2003

Answer by aprilford2003 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 24, 2010