Do you enjoy a good op ed piece when well written--even if you disagree with the author?

I do--this article is such an example. Yes, it is from HuffPo--decired by the right as an affront to journalism. I reiterate, the article is from an acclaimed NYT best selling author. His perspective is insightful and honest. Is it possible to read this with an open mind? If you choose to reply, please specify exacty what you agree/disagree with (remembering that we all have the right to respectfully present our opinions, and how do you thing this bill will change your life in REALITY (not in predictive supposition--playing the 'what if' game is futile). We shall see...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-schaeffer/obamas-health-care-victor_b_507595.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• This is an interesting perspective.
    DrTeacher

Answer by DrTeacher at 3:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It was entertaining, but far from insightful. The article was full of speculation of "what will be".
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 4:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• There's an old chestnut in news that when you piss off both sides of a controversial story you've gotten it right. It's an old chestnut 'cause it's true. The writer seems to be making that case for President Obama here...that he ticked off both sides by staying his course.

Interesting read.

And in answer to your question...yes, I do enjoy a well-written op-ed even when I don't agree with the writer. I like George Will for specifically that reason; his arguments are well-reasoned and cogent even though I don't agree with him.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I tried to read it. But it was far from entertaining, and insightful. However, it does justify everything I've heard about HuffPo.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Closed minds..
    Anonymous

• It leaves me wondering if he gets a tingle down his leg whenever Obama speaks.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2010