Christians - What do you really think of followers of other religions?

This is mainly geared to die-hard Christians who insist that "Jesus is the only way." I want to know what you honestly think about members of other religions. Devout Muslims, for example, are convinced that the Koran is God's Holy Word. They point to the "established" historical fact that Muhammad was an illiterate peasant who somehow was able to write the poetic Koran, as proof that he was divinely inspired by God. As the original version of the Koran has been mostly preserved by a line of scribes down to the modern version, many Muslims feel it is appropriate to take a literalist word-for-word approach to the Koran. So I want to know what you think of Muslims who see the Koran as the literal word of God. The same applies to other religions of the world. Did God inspire the Koran or other religious texts? What about the part of the Koran that presents Jesus as a simple prophet rather than as the Son of God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do I agree with the Quaran? ... NO
    Do I respect other points of view and beliefs? ... Of course
    Is Jesus the Son of God? ... I believe so with all my heart, but I also understand that some people don't. I can still be friends with them. We worship the same GOD, we just have different ideas about Him.

I believe that there is no way that we can be in the presence of a Holy God, since we are all sinners. Because Jesus was also Holy, He provides a way for us to come to God, through Him. ~ Obviously, that is not what the Quaran teaches, so we agree to disagree.

But, I'm right ~~~ LOL!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Rather than typing a book, Ravi explains this as I would but better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szr7hPuh81c&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVj_6KxEAIs&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFpumlcvbFA

NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I dont have a problem with the followers. I respect others choice of religion. Its the people in charge of the followers that weird me out.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I think all religions were inspired by God, lead to Him, and fulfill spiritual needs. Its just up to us to determine which one works best for us. I think all religions hold truth and understanding, so it doesn't matter to me which path someone chooses to take. We're all unique with different ways of understanding and relating to the Divine, so one religion can't fit all. But that's the beauty of it - we were created this way, and I think the diversity is part of the point.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I highly esteem the right to freedom of conscience. I believe we all should worship as we please. I have friends who beliefs are not even remotely similar to my own and I respect their right to practice whatever they choose.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• i really dont care. everyone has their own belief and its not my job to judge them. i may not agree but not my life not my problem
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• To each there own. I love all. I believe Christian faith that is my choice. I believe the bible again my choice. I respect all religions equally.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Prophet Mohammed peace be upon him did not write the Quran. He was not inspired by God to write the Quran. Prophet Mohammed recieved the revelation through angel gabriel who is God's chosen angel of revelation. This was done by recitation and only by the permission and will of God. And it proves the verse in the bible which speaks of a prophet to come that will be like moses with the the word of God in his mouth. Muslims use the fact that Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him was illiterate to prove He didn't write the Quran. We also believe that at the time that Jesus was sent to the people he was the ONLY way to God and this is true of each and every prophet who was sent before him and of prophet mohammed who was sent after Jesus peace and blessing be upon them all. each prophet brought the same message Follow me, love me and I will lead you to God because God has sent me to be a warner and a bringer of glad tidings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2010