Richard Dawkins has started an atheist relief fund for Haiti. Still think that Atheists give no charity?

http://www.examiner.com/x-8947-LA-Atheism-Examiner~y2010m1d17-Atheist-Richard-Dawkins-sponsors-Haiti-relief-effort

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I LOVE Richard Dawkins!

Atheists give too. No one "needs" religion to be a good person. It's natural for people to want to give. Have you ever heard of Michael Shermer? He's awesome, and explains things well.

Atheists are good people too, They just have a different belief system.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Anonymous

• I never thought that they didn't give to charity. That's kind of a broad statement to make.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It is nice to see that they believe in something. Get it? They believe in SOMETHING; since atheists don't believe in anything. LOL
    Anonymous

• I never beleived they didn't.

Answer by older at 4:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

``````
    Atheists believe in things, they just happen to not believe in god, or they support what the evidence supports.

I myself support what the evidence supports, so far it points to atheism.

I believe in critical thinking, I believe in being skeptical, and doing your research.
    Anonymous

• It was a joke and how do you know I am not an atheist? Thank you for assuming.
    Anonymous

• Well, *I* got it anon :24. :)
    Anonymous

• Not being Christian does not negate the qualities that man was created with, ) In Romans 2:14, 15 “For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them and, between their own thoughts, they are being accused or even excused.”

So I would expect all people no matter what their belief or non-belief to act according to the qualities that we are each born with and anyone can have a clear working or scarred non-responsive conscience depending on the things that happened to them growing up or even how their brain is wired... Like I have ADHD and am Bi-polar and I find I don't act on feeling so much as logic and reasoning and I want to "FIX" everything and everyone.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It would be silly for anyone to think that. I have my will written so that if something really terrible happens to my children and I die after them, $300,000 goes to St. Jude children's' research hospital. I figure if I couldn't leave it to my own children, it would be the right thing to do.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2010