My Facebook profile picture and my mom...::Sigh::

Okay so last Saturday I went to this comedy club with my best friend to see Josh Sneed and Roy Johnson. When I got home I immediately posted the pic my friend and I took with the comedians. I made the half of the picture of me with Josh Sneed my profile picture. First thing my mother does is message me to ask me who that guy was and if my friend and I had 'picke up men' at the comedy club! I laughed it of and told her no and explained and clarified under the picture that the guys were the performers. I also posted a link to his stand up act. Anyway I get a message today form my mom saying Ok, it is way past time to change this picture. He isn't your husband, father,son,father in law, or anyone else remotely connected to this family. Funny, yes, family, no. I want my family back. . REally? Should I just change the pic and make her happy or do what I want to do. Is she being 'crazy' or am I in the wrong here. WDYT?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think she is being nutty and I would tell her if it bothers her to not look at it.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• She's being crazy. But let your HUSBAND tell her that.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• This is what makes me so thankful that my mom is completely computer illiterate! And yes, I think she's being silly.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• She's crazy. It's your pic, you get to decide what you want up and for how long. Tell her if she keeps making a big deal out of it, you'll just unfriend her so she doesn't have to see it.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 4:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Your mom is being crazy. Do not let her have control over your personal facebook page. You can post whatever you want, & mommy needs to STFU. I would tell her that if she does not like it, then to not look at it.

I always tell family members who request my friendship on facebook, that i am not going to "sugar coat" my facebook page to apease anyone in my family. I am who i am, take it or leave it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• You are an adult do what you want. She's being a silly old woman.
    Anonymous

• I am so glad that I am not the only one who thinks she's being a little crazy here. lol
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Does she do this stuff all the time? Just tell her your husband likes the pic and you're not taking it down.
    Anonymous

• oh, just blow her off. it's none of her business.
    if she keeps up, have the husband talk to her.
    I've got a SIL that thinks she can tell me what to blog or write in books - I blow her off too.
    your MIL needs another hobby!
    Anonymous

• gotta agree with the "she's being crazy" answers! just ignore the posts telling you change the pic - she'll get the point!
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 12:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2010