What are the negetive aspects of health care reform in your opinion?

I want to know why you might think it was a bad idea!

flowermom76

Asked by flowermom76 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• 1. The cost
    2. The cost
    3. The cost
    4. The fact that NOT everyone will be covered when all is said and done!
    5. That it will force private insurance companies out of business (along with tens of thousands of employees)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Ok, are you talking about healthcare reform in general? Or about this bill specifically? Because I don't think anyone on here will argue that healthcare reform is a bad thing. We all know it's needed, we just don't think this was the way to go.

Anonymous

• I am referring to the bill that was just passed
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Lack of constitutionality, the fact that it's loaded down with more pork than a 4 day luau, the fact that the only people who come out ahead when all is said and done are the pharm companies and the insurance companies (buy your stock now while you can), then there's the whole fill in the blank aspect that they just approved a bill with entire provisions left blank and can fill them in with anything they want at a later date. Oh, and then there's the cost, cost, cost, cost, cost, and cost, to individuals, their employers and the national debt. The price of EVERYTHING is about to go up, a lot of people are about to lose their jobs and more will lose them as their companies drown under the mountain of fees, taxes and cost of business increases they'll be hit with over the next 10 years.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Lack of transparency in the process

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Unconstitutional
    Big Pharmaceiticals wins over the American People with the financial assitiance of borrowed money from the likes of China
    Adding to an already bankrupt Medicaid
    Special Deals for some states over others
    The Student Loan Bill
    Mandating care that would NOT be necessary (ie: req a 20 year old male to pay for OB/gyn coverage)
    If they pass the Dr Fix and other amendments they had to strike from the original deal to make it look like it was saving money...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Anonymous

• First and foremost the removal of MY FREEDOM to not carry health insurance. I don't use medical doctors and when I do, I pay cash. I see no reason to change this system and see no reason why as a "FREE CITIZEN" I shouldn't have the right to choose not to have insurance. Currently, I have a healthcare discount plan and an HSA. I see no reason to pay THOUSANDS of my hard earned dollars to an insurance program I will not use... And I see the idea of forcing people such as myself as just short of communistic...

Second...
    A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
    All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare
    The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
    Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems preventable re-admissions.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I object to the fact that after we pay, God knows how much (cause NOBODY else knows) for 4 years before it even starts to work, it still won't help the people who need it the most. It will cost everybody, including the poor, trillions of dollars in increased taxes, increased prices, increased insurance premiums, fines for non-compliance, and loss of medical services due to rationing, medical professionals such as doctors and nurses, giving up their practices or moving to other countries. Many doctors offices will refuse to accept the government insurance, leading to more shortage of health care. Just like doctors and pharmacies are refusing to accept medicaid and medicare now, there will be more of them refusing it. Then much good all the forced healthcare insurance will do us.
    Anonymous

• cont...

Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without government approval.
    Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
    Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at end-of-life.

And unfortunately there are more... But I think you get the gist!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2010