Do you think bad sex is a reason to end a relationship?

Could you stay with a man if some nights, you actually cried because the sex is so bad? Either he doesn't care how you feel, only thinks of himself or turns you down alot? Maybe you tried telling him what you like him to do and he still doesn't try it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly, yes I do think it's a reason to end a relationship. Sex isn't everything, by a long shot, but I believe it IS an essential part of a relationship. And if it sucks, it's going to affect other aspects. Especially if it's like you describe, because a man doesn't care enough to make sure you're enjoying yourself.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• If he doesn't care or refuses to listen after telling him how strongly you feel and what your needs and wants are, then I'd say it would be a good enough reason. If he can get off while you lay there crying, there's something wrong....with him.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 4:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• No, there is more to a relationship then just sex. I would sit down and have a talk with him and if he doesn't care about what you are feeling (not just about sex) then he is worth dumping. But just because of sex ... I wouldn't. Just me though.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I"m in the same situation myself- so easy for me to say I guess-

I do think that life is too short for bad sex- but my hubby is more open to experimentation so I think I have a better chance. If he will absolutely not do anything to improve it, I say see a lawyer-

and yes, sometimes he's been so selfish I cried- but we usually worked it out later
    Anonymous

• I just ended one because of that exact thing. I love the jerk but he's gotten so selfish and when he does something for me it's a terrible attempt so after yrs I decided to call it quits. He can either find another sexual doormat or hire a hooker....oops he's too cheap for that.
    Anonymous

• YES! It is a good reason to leave a man.
    Anonymous

• I don't think women should leave good situations because of the idea that the grass is greener-

but sometimes the grass IS greener on the other side- you should hear about the loser I left about 20 years ago- I thought that we would have this great life, when it became apparent that it wasn't going to happen, I split.

I've heard what he's doing now, and let's just say that my hubby got a wonderful treat when he got home!!!!!

it's up to you, but you don't have to stay- and don't worry about having a reason to leave that will please everyone else!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• If he made me feel that bad about it then yes, I would.
    mlg871

Answer by mlg871 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• i guess it depends on what your idea of "bad sex" is...usually i would say a couple could work on getting to know each other, i mean it took me and my dh a few months to get it right. If its because your partner isnt wanting to be a freak..you cant push people into doing stuff they arent into and you will just be unhappy with them so i would dump em and move on and find a freak like u
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• speaking from experience- if what you are going would shock your neighbors, then you are probably strengthening your sex life!
    Anonymous