Help with abcess tooth and throwing up 4 year old.

My son stayed awake all night complaining with a tooth ache.This morning he complained with his chin.I took him to the dentist and when we got there his temp was 99.8.They told me he had an abcess and pulled the tooth.Since then he has complained with bad headache and stomach pain.He started throwing up around 1:30pm.He is very pale and can't keep even a sip down.When he lays flat on his back he screams with pain.I called the dentist back and he said that this isn't related to the abcess.I called the doctor and they can't get him in today.He has finally went to sleep about 10 mintues ago.A stomach virus is going around in his class.My concern is could it be the medicine they gave to numb the gums. Please give your input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If he keeps screaming in pain, I woul take him to Urgent Care or the ER. If it is nothing then at least you will know you can relax.

My children have had several viruses, including the swine flu and have never exhibited behavior suh as you are describing.

Hope everything works out and he feels better soon Momma.
    dolphinz1923

Answer by dolphinz1923 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I agree with the previous poster. Take him to an urgent care. The least they can do is give him some antibiotics or something to ease his pain. Good luck and I hope he feels better soon!
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Poor guy!! I agree with the others, if you can't get him in to see his doctor i would take him to urgent care, walk in clinic or the ER. I hope your little guy feels better soon!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2010