How do i control/discipline our 3 year old?

Well, she is 3, going to be 4 in August. We have her 50/50 custody. We have her currently enrolled every other week in a Early Childhood program 4 days a week. The problem is, she is extremely hyper, has extreme selective hearing, and doesnt want to do anything that we ask her. We have tried to sit and teach her, sat down and talked with her, and also tried the

mommagigi81

Asked by mommagigi81 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do they have a problem with her in her E.C. program or just at home?
    Anonymous

• They said that her listening skills need work, that she doesnt like to share. we know this and work with it alot at home with her cousins. Im so lost
    mommagigi81

Answer by mommagigi81 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Diet can have a huge effect on behavior. Taking out as many processed foods as you can and making sure she gets Omega-3's will help a ton, we did this with our boys.

Elizabeth
    Baby Signs
    http://www.babysignswithelizabeth.blogspot.com
    cuddlemonkeez

Answer by cuddlemonkeez at 4:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Behavior is learned. Im not judging you or saying you are a bad parent but behavior starts at home. Im def no one to judge because my daughter's behavior isnt the best but I can honestly admit that I let her get away with alot at home. So is she has had "selective hearing" meaning she listens to what she wants to, doesnt do anything you guys ask of her and just being disobedient then its something that yall should have cracked down on way before now. This is going to be a problem in school if you dont do something. Start taking things from her and making her go to time out. My daughter is 2 and I put her in time out. Im a teacher and I know what a headache is can be to deal with a child on a daily basis who doesnt listen or do what you ask them to do and its know fun.
    Start taking things from her. She is old enough to understand consequences, but its not gonna work if you are not consistent.
    Anonymous

• I think it is time that she has consequences. Sit in a corner, take her favorite toy away until she can behave. You have to be consistant or it doesn't work. My daughter and my step daughter have ADHD but with consequences we can control most of their behavior. I know being constant about things helps a lot. Don't one time say you can't do that and give consequence and the next time she does that same thing let her get away with it.
    MommyB2010

Answer by MommyB2010 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• we do all of this, but, the problem is also, that we only have her every other week. We have 50-50 custody. 1 week here, 1 week at her moms. We do all the taking away,corner, time out. etc. So, like i said, not sure what to do
    mommagigi81

Answer by mommagigi81 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• LOVE AND LOGIC PARENTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing stuff!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Will her Dad talk to her Mom about a parenting plan? So they are on the same page dicipline wise ? Maybe look into some parenting for seperated parents classes or something like that.
    lildudesmomma

Answer by lildudesmomma at 12:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2010