how to deal with interfering grandmother (my mom)

My mom constantly belittles me, sometimes in front of my kids, i move 400 miles away, dad & i split up, so i had no choice but to move back in with my mom. She has manic depression, bi-polar, takes a lot of pain killers. few weeks ago while at work she gets mad at my kids, tells them (both my boys 8yrs & 12 yrs) we have to move out, but then she says but i want you kids to stay here. I got my kids, asked the dad to keep them while i stayed at friends, until i get own place. my mom freaked threatened to take my oldest only, and told dad she would make his life miserable until she gets him! I need help! She has been trying to adopt only him since he was born.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• This is beyond normal advice. You may want to meet with your mom's therapist, or have family or couple's counseling with her. Your kids should definitely be in counseling to help them deal with the drama.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2010