The shocking truth about a fundamental right being denied to 55% of citizens! There is a fundamental right being denied 55% of all Americans. This denial costs over 16,000 lives per year, meaning more than 44 of our fellow Americans will die every day that we delay. What should be done in light of these shocking figures?

Using the example set by President Obama and the Congressional Democrats, there is only one answer: Universal Gun Care for every American. Surely a right outlined in the Bill of Rights (2d Amendment) is just as important as a right NOT found the Constitution (Health Care).

Bonus, it should be easier to implement. After all, gun dealers and manufacturers are ready and willing to help solve the problem. Unlike the evil insurance companies, gun dealers don't want to take your weapon away from you when you most need it. Nor will they deny selling you a weapon simply because you haven't purchased one in the past (i.e. a pre-existing condition).

• Conventional estimates state that 45% of all US households own a firearm. This leaves at least 55% of all Americans "uncovered."
• In 2008 there were 16,272 murders in the USA. How many of those could have been prevented if the victims had been able to protect themselves?

contd

29again

Asked by 29again at 5:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LMAO! That is beautiful. And to see it fly right over their heads makes it even better! Thank you for posting!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• My proposal is a modest one:

• Mandate for every American to purchase a gun or be provided one by their employer (children under the age of 26 can share a weapon with their parents)
    • Tax credits to offset the cost of purchase (for those making less than $250,000 per year and everyone in Nebraska)
    • For those that can't afford it, a grant or subsidy to purchase a weapon (union members can get two weapons subsidized before 2018)
    • Funding for a series of community based gun dealers/clinics and firing ranges (especially in under-served urban and rural areas)
    • Monthly ammunition benefit so that no one has to choose between feeding their kids, paying the rent, or buying a box of .38 special cartridges

Contact your representative today. The time to act is now.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/03/the_shocking_truth_about_a_fun.html

What do you think??
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Having a gun wont prevent murder. If someone is trying to murder you & you kill them first it didnt save anyones life, now did it?
    Anonymous

• Most people are killed by a family member or someone they know, not a stranger just walking up & kililng them.
    Anonymous

• This is FUNNY!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL! I love it!!
    Anonymous

• I vote this lamest question of the day.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Right over their heads. LOL!
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• LOL I like it.The point is it would be wrong to mandate (force) someone to purchase and hold onto a fire arm if they did not want to.I personally would never be in favor of doing that.I do reccomend to some others that they probably should have a fire arm but never would I try and force them to.
    Just like the forcing by our government of health insurance nobody should be forced by government to purchase a product.Regardless,if I,you ,or anyone else thinks they should have it.. doesn't matter...they should not be forced to
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I love it!!! LOL
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 5:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I vote you lamest person of the day anouck
    Anonymous