Health care bill supporters... Can you tell us WHY you support this bill?

And have you read it?

I understand that there is no such thing as a perfect law. There are going to be flaws with any and every law. There are flaws with the current system, I understand that as well... But why do you feel THIS was the right way to go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• because this forbids insurance companies to stop your coverage just because you are sick, they can not deny a baby that was BORN with a health problem and say it is a pre-exsisting condition. So that p[eople who work part time can afford to have coverage, NEED I GO ON?
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Services for children with disabilities will be available trough private insurance.
    The Bill indicates that now parents can obtain the same services that had families filing bankruptcy due to the higher cost of these services through their private insurance.
    Private Insurance can no longer denied coverage for these services.

Anonymous

• I agree this bill is not perfect... But I like
    1) MORE people will be able to have coverage
    2) You can not be denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition (by the way, did you know a c-section was considered a pre-existing condition)
    3) Medicaid will be expanded
    4) Tax credits for lower and middle class families
    5) Young people can stay on their parents' plan till age 26
    6) New policies will be more inclusive
    7) Health insurance premium control

No particular order, and there are more, but it's a start... For a comprehensive list, go here http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/23/health.care.timeline/index.html
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Parents can maintain their children in their insurance policy up to their children's 26th birthday.
    Anonymous

• NEED I GO ON? YES!

Because those few issues don't equal all the bad points to this bill...

Sure, they can't deny you coverage, but they CAN deny you services if you are elderly or terminal... So what good is it? If a baby is born with a terminal illness - Taysachs for example - there is a great chance that they will be denied any care - including basic pain medication simply because they are not able to be saved! (pages 425-427 of the bill)
    Anonymous

• All of these points could have been achieved without 2,300 pages, student loans, education and all of the kick backs. Some of the points are valid, but they could have been reached and all be happy. You are such bad children. You just have to have your way. You can't compromise and let all be happy even though you want us to believe you do. Prove it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I agree that those points are good, but they could have been achieved without all the bull. Do you people realize there are a lot of kickbacks included in this bill as well? Who needs half the crap that's included in here? This is not reform, it's BS. They could have accomplished something positive, like all the things pp's have stated, without all the other crap. It's disgusting and a disgrace.
    Anonymous

• Jesse, the Republicans didn't want compromise. They wanted THEIR way. Eventually we put on our big girl panties, gave the Republicans the finger, and did what we wanted. It gets pissy having to listen to a party of NO for months on end.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon :58. The medical community has been on a kick about less meat, less fat for years. Bacon is near the top of that list. So, explain to me WHY there is more pork in this bill than anything that will improve insurance rules??

If it really is so great, why does it need to be slathered in pork? Why couldn't it have been written without ANY added pork??
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

•    5:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 by: Anonymous     http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2009/07/27/health-care-bill-page-425-the-truth.htm  here is the link to the bill. Where does it say that babies will not get much needed medical help even if terminal. It does say that they will discuss hospice for terminal patient and hospice INCLUDES pain killing medicine. I know because i have helped hospice my granma and my mom and they were heavily sedated on their death beds so they felt no pain.

as to the pork- it is CONGRESS

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2010