Parakeet names?

Can I get some suggestions for a cute parakeet name? I am going to be getting one next week.

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Pets

• Oh, and I should mention that I waited until I got the bird home and spent a little time with them before I named them. They do have personalities. Except Tweety. She was a rescue who was already named. Same with Jude, Peter, Paul and Mary.

I don't know why Lucius is Lucius, but it fit him. Stormy is the color of a stormy sky, plus she's pretty bitchy.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I had two: Mork and Mindy I had a Mandy. My son had Zak and Wheezy. My dad had Toni, Buddy, Big Head and Little Head. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• We have Petey and Bluebell
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Lol. Do you have any ideas for neutral names? I have no idea if my bird is male or female.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• They should be able to tell you at the store. And you should be able to tell by it's beak and nose area color.

Uh...Andy, Sammy, Tony..IDK really.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Thank you. I appreciate the suggestions. Usually when a bird is under 4 months you can't tell by the color of the cere, but if you wait to get the bird until it changes at around 4-6 months the bird will be harder to tame.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Well, I have three right now. Lucius (male- bright green and yellow), Tweety (female, sky blue and white) and Stormy (female- slate grey, white and very pale blue). I also had one named Jude (female, sky blue and white), Spanky (male-periwinkle and white), Bilbo (male-blue and white), Peter (male-blue and white), Paul (male-blue and white) and Mary (female- olive green and yellow).
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• That's actually a really good idea kittyhasclaws!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I had Tweety and Petey.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 6:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2010