i am 16 and pregnant how do i tell my mum?

Leannex

Asked by Leannex at 5:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Say, Mom I am pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Why do teenagers come this section to ask questions? Its a section for moms with teens this age!
    Anonymous

• just tell her. my sister got preggo at 16. she is 27 now and my niece is 11. if you need to talk msg me
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

Way to be supportive! Maybe because you have teens she thinks you could help her
    Anonymous

• If you can't find the words to say it out loud to her, maybe you can write it down and hand her a note telling her. Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I just told my mom I have to tell her sumthing, then I froze and didnt say anything lol, then she knew right away.
    Anonymous

• Moms have a way of knowing it is as if they can sense it. Just be open and honest with her. The reaction may be ugly or it could suprise you and be supportive. Either way she needs to know and the two of you will work it out, the intial shock will wear off and clearer heads will prevail after a few days. Just give her time to adjust to the idea, it is never easy to hear your teen is having a baby.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I went through the same thing, but I was 18. Its still going to be hard no matter how you do it. Just tell her you really need to talk to her. Tell her what you really feel. If you are honest and open with her it will be a lot easier on the both of you. Make sure YOU know your options too, don't let other people make your decisions for you. Like a PP said, she might be upset or irritated, or not talk to you for a few days, or she could be totally supportive of you. You won't know until you tell her. Good luck, and if you need to talk to someone feel free to PM me. I've been through it before!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• IDK...will she be upset maybe have a mediator that supports u and won't try to talk u into an abortion. Just KNOW THIS CHILD IS YOUR RESPONSIBILTY!!! Its time to GROW UP. Start seeking help for guideness.
    Anonymous

• Just tell her. She'll eventually notice.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 5:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2010