baby size...no debate, just fun

how do some moms end up popping out huge babies. does it have to do with diet? if you eat lots of fatty foods do you end up with a 10-12 pound baby? what was your diet like and how big was your baby? remember it's just for fun to see if diet is a factor in baby size

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I ate healthy with the 1st he was 11 pounds

I ate not so health with the 2nd she was 7 pounds
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 5:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• some are from gestational diabetes
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• first one i ate pretty crappy and she was 8lbs 3 oz, and the second one i started out eating not so healthy, found out i had gestational diabetes and turned into a health nut and he was 8lbs 12 oz
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 5:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• My son weighed 11 lbs and 10 oz. His weight was genetics. I ate very healthy during my pregnancy except when I had to do the glucose testing where I had to eat so many candy bars, juice, cokes, etc in a weekend. My husband's grandmother (who is a little bitty thing) had 5 kids weighing 9 lbs, 10 lbs, 11 lbs, 12 lbs, and 13 lbs (my fil). They are very small adults now though.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• My first was 8 pounds 7 ounces
    My second was 8 pounds 8 ounces
    I ate healthy and normal and really wasn't a big woman,lol. I always thought I'd have like a 7 pounder or something,I stand by ,y theory that I think it was the prenatal vitamins! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I think that a big factor is whether or not you have gestational diabetes or other health problems.
    Anonymous

• genetics and 'baking time' I think.

#1 was 8lb13oz 21inches long 41weeks - darn kid was late (and still is)
    #2 7lb11oz 18 inches 39weeks right on time
    #3 7lb 11oz 19 inches. 39ish weeks

I was healthiest for the second two.

but definitely genetics - I got a tall skinny (my side), a tiny petite (daddy's side), and a short round (daddy's side too)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I think some babies are just big, I was in great health!
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 5:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I ate SOOOO healthy with my DD and she was 7 lbs. My cousin had gestational diabetes (and did eat HORRIBLE) and had a 10 lb baby. I think that having a healthy diet while pregnant is great for both you and baby, but I really don't think it truly effects a baby's weight by 3+ lbs.
    Anonymous

• Scientifically it has little to do with diet unless gestational diabetes is a factor, after 20 weeks a fetus grows at a different rate just the same as babies and children do. It is mostly genetic if you were a big baby, and have big babies in the family then it is likely that your kids will be big babies. Also small baby size is linked to nutrition not food. If the mother isn't consuming enough vitamins and minerals the baby will have a hard time producing fat and surfucant. Water is one of the most important factors in development, the baby needs to be hydrated to be able to produce and consume the right things to enable proper growth.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2010