What to do with annoying neighbors?!?

Man! This lady that lives RIGHT next door! I don't know what to do. She doesn't have control over any of the kids-7 of them ages 4-11. I have a playstructure in my yard that I have said they cannot play on unless supervised because I am not going to be liable for anything. They let their stupid ass chihuahas run around and nip at my kids and we have said something repeatedly about these subjects. The older ones run the neighborhood til 11 or so at night and I have seen the little guys in the street at night as well and told them they shouldn't be playing in the street. I drive my hubby to work and will come home and they bolt out of my yard. So do I need to be a megabitch or what??

Sacheen.T.

Asked by Sacheen.T. at 5:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's tricky I mean what can you really do about it. I mean you can call the authorities and tell them they're not taking proper care of their children. You can call the local shelter or animal cops if there are leash laws in your area or inform a group that the dogs have bit your children on multiple occasions. But doing these things can cause a terrible retaliation in your neighbors. I would tread lightly and move if i could.
    Anonymous

• I would put up a fence to keep them out.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• put up a fence already and stop complaining.
    But who knows...the parents may never know how you feel til you tell them but it looks like you've pent all this crap in for so long your about to explode. Don't explode on them cause it's your fault you've neglected talking for so long
    Anonymous

• You ever heard of a FENCE? They're really good at keeping people out of your yard.
    Anonymous

• Hey Anon, you ever hear of renters? Renters are not allowed to build fences. Come up with another stupid idea, why don't you?
    Anonymous

• Megabitch, definitely lol Try calling the police. Call CPS for the kids. And call animal control for the chiblahblah. If you rent, harrass the landlord until he/she does something about them.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 7:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• i can tell you what im doing about my shit for brains neighbors.i amgoing to buy some C4 and put it underneath there house and watch it explode....or ,they let there min schnauzer loose i have a shepherd she is dog friendly and her dog is not.one of these days that dog is going to push my dog to far and my dog is going to tear that stupid thing apart.as long as my dog is on a chain its there fault....(there dog has done it before to an akita....)buy the way for all those who said buy a fence...she did it only made matters worse....
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 8:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• First call, protective services. Second call, local dog warden.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2010