Health care reform supporters tell me why it's a good thing to cripple the fsa's

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/03/21/us/health-care-reform.html

Starting in 2013, flexible spending accounts, which allow users to escape taxes on many medical expenses now, will be limited. There will be a $2,500 maximum on accounts that typically carry $4,000 or $5,000 limits now, and you will no longer be able to use the accounts for over-the-counter medicines.

It also sounds like it will raise your rates then if you qualify you can get government subsidies and if you are lucky you might break even. I guess i just don't see how this is a good thing for the middle class and it's certainly not for the rich.

I thought the fsa's were created to help the middle class and now they want to take them away. I am not liking this plan at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• So you feel that you shouldn't pay taxes on your income if you use it on OTC meds, while I have to pay taxes on all my income. I buy OTC meds too but don't get to "escape" taxes.
    Anonymous

• :( I never liked it, not one good thing about it imo.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2010