ok im a teenage mother 16 i have a 8 week year old baby i need help . im looking for programs or resources for moms & babies?

jan62010

Asked by jan62010 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wic and the department of social services
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Im 21 and have a one month old. I have wic and am on badger care. Don't know what i would do without them! if you have any questions feel free to send me a message! i know somewhat of what your going through! best of luck!
    fenska87

Answer by fenska87 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• i agree with aliishott you should try wic and the department of social services. some towns even have programs to help you learn what to expect called parents as teachers.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 8:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Again I say, go to your local social services office and apply. That is all you can do. Try finding some sort of part time job to help too.
    It is hard but possible. I went to school and worked 2 jobs to take care of my son.
    If you are looking for housing still like you said in your other post then get on the list now. It can take a long time.
    I know someone with 3 kids that has been waiting 2 years.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• If you go to school and work 2 jobs you aren't taking care of your child. Someone else is taking care of your child because you are gone all the time at school or work. You have to decide if it is more important to be with your child or if it more important to go to school and work at jobs that offer very little pay. It is ok to not go to school or work and take care of your baby yourself. There will be plenty of time for school and work when your baby is older. Your baby is only a baby for a short time.

Mrs.Owen may be talking about Section 8 housing. The rent is based on income and some are very nice. Wait depends on location. Some have no wait at all. In the cities where I have lived the wait has been 3-6 months. You can find out more on the HUD website.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Umm Galli I did work 2 jobs and take care of my son ON MY OWN.
    I was at school from 7 am to noon then work from 1230 to 430 monday thru friday. Then a second job on saturday and sunday for 6 hours waitressing.
    Daycare, So shut the hell up you are the most judgemental B on this site!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• And school is VERY important. That is so stupid to tell someone not to finish high school!!!!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2010